Note: Before transferring the domain, it is best to check who the Registrant ("Owner") Email linked to the domain record is. Important messages may be sent to this address when a transfer request is submitted. This can be found out from the current Registrar i.e the company that registered the domain.
South African vs International Domains
The steps vary slightly between South African and International Domains
South African Top Level Domains (TLDs)
For South African Domains like .co.za or .org.za we will simply send a transfer request.
The Registrant Email will receive a "transfer ticket" where the recipient can either Accept or Deny the transfer.
International Top Level Domains (TLDs)
For International Top Level Domains (TLDs) like .com, .net .org note the following before we can submit a transfer request:
- Auth Code ("Transfer Code") - This auth code, also known as an Epp Key can be obtained from the current registrar and will be needed for the transfer order
- Unlock the domain for Transfer - the domain needs to be Unlocked for transfer with the current registrar
Domain Transfer Only (not website or email)
If you are only transferring your domain you can follow these steps:
- Go to Transfer a Domain from the Client Area: https://my.vander.host/cart.php?a=add&domain=transfer
- Enter the domain you would like to transfer and if it is an international domain enter the Auth Code & ensure the domain is also unlocked for transfer.
- On the next page, where it says No Hosting, a domain Parking Package (Free) can be selected.
- For the Nameservers, leave the default as it is filled.
- Follow the steps to complete the transfer.
Domain, Website and/or Email
To transfer a domain including services like a website or email please refer to this document for additional steps: https://my.vander.host/knowledgebase/190/How-to-move-your-hosting-to-Vander-Host.html